1. The Bank of England has announced a joint creation of a central bank digital money working group with the Treasury. The government and the Bank of England have not yet decided whether to introduce central bank digital currency in the UK and will engage with stakeholders on its benefits, risks and feasibility. Central bank digital money will coexist with cash and bank deposits, not replace them.
2.According to reports, some people in Japan recently said that China and South Korea have lower standards for the treatment of contaminated water from nuclear power plants than Japan, so it is unreasonable for China and South Korea to criticize Japan from a scientific point of view. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs responded that there is an essential difference between the water contaminated by the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan and the normal operation of the nuclear power plant. The normal operation of the nuclear power plant drainage follows the international standards, after treatment and testing up to the standards, organized discharge of non-radioactive waste water. The Fukushima nuclear accident is the highest level of nuclear accident, containing a large number of radionuclides produced by nuclear fission, these nuclides originally do not exist in nature, there is no international emission precedent, the impact on the marine environment and public health can not be ignored.
3. The World Bank predicts that the average energy price in 2021 will be more than 1/3 higher than that in 2020, and the average price of oil will be 56 US dollars per barrel. Agricultural prices are expected to rise nearly 14% from 2020, and metal prices are expected to rise 30% from 2020.
4. Lamborghini Asia Pacific Director: so far, Lamborghini’s orders have covered nine months of production capacity for the whole year, and the Chinese market has been scheduled to the end of this year. China is expected to become the second largest Lamborghini sales market in the world.
5.Shanghai International Energy Trading Center: on April 21, the main crude oil futures contract 2106 closed at 402.5 yuan per barrel, down 2.73%. The main contract turnover was 172578, and the position decreased by 688 to 41785. A total of 211067 contracts were traded, and the position was reduced by 1211 to 79150.
6. Japan wants to push Fukushima ingredients to the Olympic table: the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games Organizing Committee announced that the “everyone’s Food Plan” menu for the athletes’ Village Restaurant has been confirmed. these will include ingredients from Fukushima prefecture and other areas affected by Japan’s nuclear leak and local specialties. As early as 2019, the South Korean team, worried about nuclear pollution in Japan, said it would bring its own radiation detectors and food to participate in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
7. Us President Joe Biden says the goal of getting 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine has been achieved. Currently, more than half of all adults in the United States have been vaccinated with at least one dose, and 80% of people over the age of 65 have received at least one dose.
8. The results of the latest global forest resources assessment of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations show that during 2010-2020, the world forest area lost 70.5 million mu a year, while Asia increased by 17.55 million mu a year in the same period, while the increase in Asian forest area mainly came from China.
9. Yonhap news agency: South Korea is considering the fourth phase of the national railway network construction plan, which plans to lay a wide-area railway network in the local metropolitan area by 2030, covering Chung Ching Road, Gwangju Quannan Road, Busan City Gyeongsangnan Road, Daegu City Gyeongsangbei Road, Gangwon Road. A new high-speed railway will be built on the west coast, and national railway lines such as the Quanluo Line and the East China Sea Line will be revamped to create a national two-hour living circle.
Post time: Apr-23-2021